The Salt Lake City Planning Division is responsible for creating land use development codes and their implementation.
- Developing Master Plans to provide vision and goals for future development in the City.
- Creating and implementing the City’s Zoning Ordinance to ensure that minimum development standards are met.
- Creating and implementing the Subdivision Ordinance to ensure the division of land is carried out in a way that ensures adequate sized lots for development and access to the property.
- Protecting districts and sites of historic significance.
- Reviewing current planning applications to ensure orderly development.
- Salt Lake City Planning Division Strategic Plan
To go to the Planning Division home page Click Here